Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Red Chairs, my inspiration

A couple of years ago, my husband found these chairs at a garage sale.  I loved the chair, the upholstery, not so much. 

We lived with them, as is, dreading the cost of upholstery.  I added some West Elm pillows found on clearance and a throw from Ikea.  I also added some punches of red around the room hoping to incorporate the chairs.  It worked for the time, but the novelty was wearing away.  Reading all these beautiful blogs and seeing these amazing homes, I felt the need for change in my house.  My family room was one big, beige room with red chairs. 

So I found this beautiful, grey linen-like upholstery fabric at a local fabric store and started stripping, sanding, and staining the chairs.



They have become the starting off point for a family room redo. I can't wait!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...