Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Christmas Card Album

I love getting Christmas cards in the mail.  It's the only time of the year that I walk out to the curbside mailbox to pick up the mail.  My favorite are the picture cards.  I love seeing our family and friends kids growing through the years.  The problem with this is what to do with them at the end of the season. I used to put them all in a box.  No fun.  A couple of years ago, I thought of putting them all in an album that I could have out year round.  When any kids come over, they love looking through it and seeing themselves in years past.  I am not much of a scrapbooker, but I did get a little creative with my year cover pages. 

The album matches some of my pillows in my family room, so I have it out on one of the side tables throughout the year.  The slot in front is for a picture, that I am in the process of changing out. 

I made a cover sheet for each year that we have been married and receiving picture Christmas cards. I add the new year to the top of the album, most recent pictures first.

 Here are a couple of cards from last year.  I just tape them onto the sheet and slide them in.  Very simple.

 Some more cover sheets.  2004 below was our first Christmas. 

Here is the album as it looks right now. It's so thick.  I love this idea and really love to see how our family and friends families have grown.  The first year, I think we had about 5 picture cards and last year we had almost 40 picture Christmas cards.  Another cute idea comes from my aunt.  She makes an individual album every year using card stock and a binder ring to hold the years pictures together.  Every Christmas she pulls out all the albums and has them out on the coffee table.  How do you keep your Christmas cards?

2 comments:

Lili 12/15/2010  

That is such a great idea!!!

Anonymous,  12/15/2010  

What a great idea! I usually throw them away then feel guilty about it. My husband likes to keep them so I've got a few years' worth in my junk drawer.

I'll have to spend some time this weekend making an album :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...