Monday, February 21, 2011

Week-End Finds

I've tried to stay away from thrift stores the past couple weeks, but I couldn't help myself.  I found this tacky frame/plaque for $2.00. 
A little yellow spray paint and it has a whole new life.
Here it is hanging in my room. 
I found this little bench at Goodwill.   I loved the lines of it and I've been wanting to try painting a piece of furniture. I figure that a small bench is a great way to start.
The fabric is stained and in desperate need of reupholstering.
After a tough week at work and a busy weekend, I am so excited to have today off.  I may work on this new little bench, or maybe I will lay on my couch all day.  I think the latter is winning.

I joined a linky party at : Vintage Revivals

11 comments:

jeanette from everton terrace 2/21/2011  

Love love the yellow. In the first image I thought it was small, like the palm of my hand or something, which I thought was cute. Large, it's fantastic - great job. I'm inspired.

Haley 2/21/2011  

you have an eye for potential! You turned that gold piece into a yellow gem! :) and I'm excited to see what you do with the bench. But some lounging time after a busy weekend sounds great too :)

Cassie {Hi Sugarplum} 2/21/2011  

Enjoy your day off...and happy DIYing!

LBB 2/21/2011  

Great finds! Can't wait to see what you do with the bench as well!

Carol@TheDesignPages 2/21/2011  

It's amazing what yellow spray paint can do. I just did a thrift store cake plate in yellow and love, love, love it.

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking 2/21/2011  

Wow what a transformation! You did such a great job and that yellow just pops!1

Lei 2/21/2011  

The plaque is fabulous on so many levels. Good eye!

Anonymous,  2/22/2011  

ooh plaque is awesome!! and i found a stool too! {well, small ottoman}

Nicole@thiscreativeadventure 2/23/2011  

I love the bold color choice. Can't wait to see what you do with the bench!

~Ali~ 2/25/2011  

Love that cute, tacky little frame!!! So cute! And yellow what the perfect color for it!

Anonymous,  2/26/2011  

Love this yellow!!! Found you at the linky party on Look what I found Friday... I just scored a sewing desk Friday at our local thrift. Think I might be using this sunny yellow on it!!! Can't wait to see the bench!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...