Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Another Mid Century Chair Redo

Remember a couple of weeks ago, I mentioned the chairs I got for $0.75 each.  This was one of them. I liked the original vinyl black and white floral backing.  However, someones seriously wrong reupholstery job was not working for me.
I recovered the bottom cushion with a piece of black fabric. I think this whole project took me about 20 minutes.  The hardest part was getting rid of that old smelly fabric. 
It's a super simple fix to a simple chair. I don't have any room for chairs in my house, so I'm not really sure what's going to happen to this one.  The $0.75 cost of my entertainment was worth it.   Do you find yourself with an overabundance of chairs?

11 comments:

Kristin Miracle Lewis @ west on cole 7/06/2011  

Yes, I have a MAJOR over abundance of chairs!!! :) How fun and what a great deal.

KLM 7/06/2011  

I am starting to come to terms that I could quite possibly have a chair addiction. I just love chairs.

Your chair would be great as an 'office/desk' chair for sure!

Bri@Meyouandawiener 7/06/2011  

I have the same problem with chairs. I had to sell some of them it was getting out if control.

Confessions of a Stay at Home Mommy 7/06/2011  

Very cute! I would love it if you would link up to my Tuesday Confessional link party going on now: http://www.craftyconfessions.com/2011/07/tuesday-confessional-link-up-2.html. I hope to see you soon!
~Macy from Confessions of a SAHM

ShannonSews 7/07/2011  

Looks great - like new! Much better. Glad it was easier than it looks!

jess@balancing the dream 7/07/2011  

Great find...and great transformation!! I love the shape of chair back!!

Mary @ Redo 101 7/07/2011  

Enough chairs until Thanksgiving when hubby's 35-member family all show up (love them bunches) - then we scramble for folding chairs! Love what you did to fix this one up - looks so much better!

Kathy@ Gone North 7/08/2011  

Yes, Yes... many, many chairs in my house... husband constantly kids me about buying another chair to put in the attic for "another re-do".. : )
Love what you did with this one & I was just given a dining set with 4 of those exact chairs.. it is all in perfect condition, BUT I will be re-doing it... My son actually said, "Mom those are quite ugly" & I said.. "Just you wait & see" : )
Thanks for sharing yours....

Kate 7/08/2011  

I can't believe you got that chair for $0.75! It looks great!

Sewing-Chick 7/09/2011  

An overabundance of chairs? Yes, yes, and yes! My basement is full of chairs. My husband forbids me to buy anymore :) I've started selling some on craigslist.

75c is awesome. I wouldn't have been able to pass that up either!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...