Monday, July 11, 2011

I Love Thrifting

Rashon Carraway from Mr. GoodWill Hunting organized a thrifting party for this past Saturday.  I was excited to be participating via Twitter.  My mom, sister, and I were exited to head out at about 9:00 a.m. that morning.  Unfortunately, when we woke up it was pouring rain.  My husband and I decided to go get brunch and I was able to convince him to drive me by a huge thrift store on our way out.  He stayed in the car, while I browsed.  I then dropped him off at home and headed out.  As I was walking around the Salvation Army, I got a text from my sister (#3) that she was ready to go.  I drove to her house and picked her and her little ones to go to our favorite thrift store about an hour away from us.  The kids fell asleep on the way there, and surprisingly, slept through all our shopping. We transferred them in and out of the strollers a couple of times and still out!
Here are my finds.  All of them for my youngest sister's (#4) apartment that I've apparently become a personal shopper for. I text her my finds and she responds with a yes or no.  It's pretty nice to shop with someone else's money.
This cute lamp will be sitting on her tiny nightstand.  It was marked $10.00, but all lamps were 50% off. So $5.00!
This little carved wooden box was $3.00.  It will be perfect for her vanity...that I will be painting next week. Not only am I her personal shopper, but apparently, I'm her personal painter too.
This copper tray was $3.00.  It needs some serious love.  If you have any copper cleaning suggestions, I would love to hear them.
Finally, these mirrors.  I LOVE them.  The two that are the same were $2.00 each and the smaller one was $1.50.  I think I'm keeping one for my office gallery wall and the other two will be heading to my sister's apartment.
All in all, it was a successful thrifting day.  We were hoping to find some furniture pieces, but no luck.  I really want to thank Rashon for organizing this event. It was fun to keep track of everyone via Twitter. I have to say, I was a little jealous of the big, organized parties going on.  Hopefully, next year. 

8 comments:

Andi 7/11/2011  

Oh my gosh I love those mirrors. I just did a mirror project and am looking for tiny round mirror to finish it off. I hope I have as much luck as you!

Crystal @ Ordinary Days 7/11/2011  

Love those mirrors! What a great find. :)

Sam | Away She Went 7/11/2011  

Love the mirrors! Great price too!

Ali Richardson 7/11/2011  

GREAT finds!! I love thrifting SO much!!!

Dana from Our Life's Legacy 7/11/2011  

Great finds, for sure. I want to shop with someone else's money!!!

Jon'el 7/11/2011  

I have mirror envy! I participated on Saturday...was lots of fun. Wish I could be someone else's personal shopper, sounds fun.

Anonymous,  7/11/2011  

I agree. The mirrors are great!

Carry Grace 7/15/2011  

Oh my! look at those mirrors! They are pretty awesome.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...